Village of Lexington's Website
The Village of Lexington provides its residents with an excellent system of park and recreation facilities designed to meet the needs and interests of all age groups in the community. Voting “Yes” on the one mill Park and Recreation Replacement Levy will secure a funding source that is used exclusively for the maintenance and improvement of our park system.
Your support of this replacement levy, will ensure that the village will be able to maintain the excellent and safe recreational facilities that our residents have come to expect. The cost of this 1 mill replacement levy will be approximately $2.75 per month for the owner of a $100,000 home. This is a very small price for all of the recreational opportunities for people of all ages who utilize our park system.
"LEX" Keep it Up!
This 1 mill Replacement Levy for Park and Recreation will provide funds used exclusively for projects to maintain and improve the village’s park and recreation system. Your support of this issue will provide funds needed to continue the maintenance and improvement of the village’s fine park system that includes the following facilities:
• Bicentennial Park: 27 acres with picnic facilities, playgrounds, tennis and basketball, soccer fields, volley ball and horseshoes, etc. Future projects at this park include improvements to the parking facilities, play equipment, and an additional picnic shelter.
• Community Park: 30 acres with ball fields, soccer fields, pavilions, playgrounds, volleyball courts, etc. Future projects at this facility consists of replacement of aged lighting at two ball fields, construction of one or more new ball fields, and improved parking facilities, and upgrading electric service.
• Davidson Park: 1.5 acre Neighborhood Park with picnic facilities and playground. Improvements include additional play apparatus.
• Depot Senior/Civic Center: A multi-purpose facility which is a focal point for recreation and social services for senior citizens in the community as well as a facility available for rental by village residents for special events. Planned maintenance activities include parking lot resurfacing, electrical and IT improvements, and interior and exterior painting.
• Patriot Park: 47.5 acres with facilities for soccer, picnics, and other open space activities. Future phases will include new picnic and playground facilities, a walking trail, and an additional soccer field.
• Skate Board Park: 1.5 acres. This is the villages newest facility providing facilities for skateboarding and inline skating. Future improvements include acquisition of new apparatus and possibly a section reserved for BMX bikes.
• Village Square: 1 acre. The Square is the focal point for our community and the site of many community events such as Memorial Day ceremonies, village parades, Light- Up Lexington activities, etc. Future projects include landscaping improvements and the addition of pedestrian friendly appurtenances.
Paid for by the Committee to Support the Park Levy, Bob Weals Chairman, 205 Foxcroft Rd., Lexington, OH 44904